iZ Beauty of London Liquid Gold Chrome Powder* - Review

It's only a few months since the nail craze had dominated our insta feeds but I've finally given chrome powder a go. I was sent a few bits by iZ Beauty of London to try out and I thought this was as best an opportunity to give chrome nails a go.

I'll say this from the get-go, my feelings are...mixed.


I followed the instructions given on their website (HERE). I used a black base since this seems to be the most effective colour to give a true colour payoff for many chrome powders. 

The instructions say to use either a silicon/sponge applicator or rubber glove to apply the powder to the nail. All I had was a sponge applicator I managed to scavenge from an eye shadow palette. I might have been using too much product but this process is MESSY. I don't understand how there are so many pictures of freshly applied chrome nails with little to no mess. A week later I still have some powder in little nooks and crannies of my fingers.


FLAIL-O-METER 👏👏👏
Anyway, the powder in the jar was a very warm gold and I was hoping the colour pay off would look similar on top of black. While my nails looked chrome and reflective, it's almost an antique gold with a bit of a green tone. While this still looks nice, it's not what I expected.

I planned to post another picture of the powder on top of different gel colours but the results were again, mixed. I loved it on a berry shade (which I might repeat in the future) as well as a peach shade but my other nails were patchy and not appealing at all.

Like I said before, I don't know whether it was my application, the products I used or the powder itself but the chrome powder appears to be a little hit and miss depending on the base colour and brand of gel colour (although I used the same no-wipe topcoat for them all *shrug*)

iZ Beauty Liquid Gold Chrome Powder is £6 for 1g and available from their website HERE. This might not seem like a lot but a little powder does go a long way. My collection of gel polish is not big by any stretch so I might experiment with different colours and brands and see what this powder can do. If you're curious about chrome nails, it's not much to spend to give it a go and I am intrigued by the other colours available, but I'm not rushing off to buy them right now.

Thank you to iZ Beauty for letting me give the Liquid Gold Chrome Powder a go. Let me know what you think of the whole chrome nail business, do you like it or loathe it?

I have another post featuring some iZ Beauty products later in the week and I got on with them a LOT better so look forward to that!

Be sure to follow on all of the social meeds, until next time!

Comments

  1. HEY. You doing good, I am also a blogger.
    By the way, I was just surfing the internet when I found you. This website has a great theme also You're a blogger with skills. I will be your greatest reader some day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!